Sela Group S.r.l. is committed to protecting the privacy of users so we ask you to carefully read the following policy in order to understand how personal information is collected and processed.
Data Controller: Sela Group S.r.l.
Via Masetti 46 - 47122 Forlì (FC)
VAT number 04167310400
Sela Group S.r.l. can be contacted by telephone at 0543 796623 or at email@example.com
Sela Group S.r.l. operates through its own personnel.
Sela Group S.r.l. can therefore collect personal information when you come into contact with an operator, either by phone or when visiting our office or the users' offices or during conferences, trade shows or other organised events, and in general when interacting in any other way with Sela Group S.r.l.
What personal information is collected?
Sela Group S.r.l. collects personal information when it is provided directly by the user. For example:
- Information on the user and the company he/she works for, when the user contacts us or is contacted to request a quote for one or more of the products/services we offer. In such cases the information may include the user's name and contact details, the name and details of the company he/she works for, information on their position in the company, email address, telephone numbers, shipping addresses and in general all the data necessary to issue an estimate and an order confirmation.
- Information on transactions, invoicing and deliveries if a product or a service we offer has been purchased.
- The marketing emails sent may automatically detect if the email was received or opened. We use this information to measure the effectiveness of our promotional activities, but also to personalise our promotional messages and to verify user satisfaction.
The purchase of a product from Sela Group S.r.l. involves the storage of email addresses and personal data in our database in order to track the user's purchase history and to keep track of the units sold for the purpose of verifying the product warranty. In this case it is not possible to delete data from our database, but if desired it is possible to stop receiving promotional emails.
By providing their personal data to Sela Group S.r.l. during a telephone contact, the users assume responsibility for the data provided and warrant to have the right to disclose or disseminate them, freeing the Data Controller from any liability to third parties.
How is personal information used?
The personal information collected may be used to:
• Process the order received, send the order confirmation and/or communications regarding any order changes, delivery times, changes.
• Process the order entered and/or provide the services purchased.
• Communicate with the user, manage and respond to questions, suggestions or complaints received through a telephone or email contact.
• Perform market research, for example we may contact you for your feedback on products and services.
• Send marketing or promotional messages about our products/services.
• Investigate fraud and, where necessary, to protect ourselves or third parties for security purposes.
• Comply with regulatory obligations.
The legal reasons for our processing of personal information, as part of the data protection law, are as follows:
• The processing of data is necessary to fulfil a contract with the user or take the necessary preliminary steps to fulfil a contract (for example, to create a quote based on the requests of the user, or in the event of a purchase order to process delivery, invoicing or credit collection documents).
• Because it is in the legitimate interest of Sela Group S.r.l. and of the user's company, when the user issues orders on behalf of the company.
• Because we have obtained the consent of the user, for example when we have been contacted to ask a question, when consent is given to receive our newsletter.
• Because it is a legitimate interest of Sela Group S.r.l. as a provider of technical solutions in order to offer users the solutions best suited to their needs based on the information expressed by the user during the contact and request for a quote.
Who does Sela Group S.r.l. share the personal information with?
Sela Group S.r.l. must share information with selected third parties in order to carry out its business.
Specifically, it may happen that the personal information collected is shared with the manufacturers of the products and services offered in order to complete the service rendered, to protect the user's rights in relation to the product purchased, like in the case of specialised technical support pre- and post-sale and product warranties. Finally, so that the user can be informed about the technical innovations related to accessories or updates of the product purchased.
If personal data are transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA), as required by applicable law we will guarantee that privacy rights are adequately protected with appropriate protection measures. For more information about these protective measures, please contact us.
We may also share personal information with third parties in order to carry out our business and to satisfy legal obligations regarding taxes and administration:
• Transport companies and customs offices for shipments.
• Banks for the management of collections and payments.
• Professional consultants, financial administrations or public offices for the fulfilment of fiscal and administrative obligations.
• Legal advisors or debt collection companies.
Finally, Sela Group S.r.l. may disclose personal information if it considers that such disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Sela Group S.r.l., its customers, employees, the public or when otherwise authorised by law.
Method and place of processing of collected data
Sela Group S.r.l. implements the appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of personal data collected.
The processing is carried out by means of computerised and/or online tools, with organisational methods and for purposes strictly related to the performance of its business.
Personal data are collected at the registered office of Sela Group S.r.l. and in any other place where the parties involved in the processing of data are located.
Personal data are kept for the time necessary, for the purposes mentioned above, therefore this period may vary depending on the interactions with the user.
For example, when a purchase has been made we retain a copy for the period necessary for invoicing, taxation and any warranty coverage. We may also keep a copy of the correspondence between us and you, for example if a complaint has been made about a product, for the time necessary to protect ourselves against a lawsuit. If the type of product purchased includes technical updates or upgrades over time the data may be stored for a longer period in order to guarantee the user's right to be informed about improvements to be applied to the product/service purchased.
The user can request the interruption of the processing or the erasure of data at any time.
How information is protected
The goal of Sela Group S.r.l. is to always offer the highest level of services and security to its customers, so the personal data collected for the conduct of our business through direct sales and entered into our database are password protected and accessible only to people who are authorised to process them.
How is it possible to access, update, correct or erase personal information?
At any time the user has the right to obtain confirmation of the existence or otherwise of their personal data by making a request to Sela Group S.r.l.
The user has the right to know their content and origin and to verify their accuracy, request their completion, updating, rectification, transformation into anonymous form, erasure or blocking in violation of the law, as well as to object for legitimate reasons to their processing.
Information not contained in this policy
Further information regarding the processing of Personal Data may be requested from the Data Controller at any time using the contact details.
For information on cookies visit the dedicated page:
Contacts: Any questions related to this privacy statement must be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Content verified and updated on 23 May 2018
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are used to help make the site function or improve the browsing experience, as well as to provide information to the site owner.
We use only technical and analytical cookies on our website
The installation and use of technical cookies, i.e., those used for the purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network, or that are strictly necessary for providing a service specifically requested by the user, do not require the consent of the User as per art. 122 par. 1 of Legislative Decree 196/2003. These cookies can enable certain functions absolutely essential for the full use of the website.
These cookies are used, for example, by Google Analytics to process statistical analyses on the browsing experience of the site users through the computers or mobile applications, the number of pages visited or the number of clicks on a page during navigation of the site. Sela Group S.r.l. processes the results of these analyses anonymously and exclusively for statistical purposes only if the service provider uses the cookies in connection with the browser installed on your computer or other devices used to navigate our site.
How can I disable cookies?
Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but you may also choose not to accept them. We do not recommend disabling this function since it could prevent you from navigating freely among the pages and taking advantage of all the features of our website. If you do not want your computer to receive and store cookies, you can change the privacy settings on your browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari, etc.). However, please note that certain sections of our Site can be used fully only if your browser accepts the cookies.
If you want to change your cookie settings by entering the settings pages of the various browsers, here are brief instructions on how to perform this step on the four most commonly used browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer
Click on the ‘Tools’ icon in the top right corner and select ‘Internet options’. Select ‘Privacy’ in the pop-up window. Here you can manage your cookie settings.
Click on the wrench at top right and select ‘Settings’. Now select ‘Show advanced settings’ (“Under the hood’”) and change the ‘Privacy’ settings.
From the drop-down menu at top left, select ‘Options’. In the pop-up window that appears, click ‘Privacy’. Here you can manage your cookie settings.
From the drop-down at top right, select ‘Preferences’. Click on ‘Security’. Here you can manage your cookie settings.
To know more about cookies and how to manage or disable third-party or marketing/retargeting cookies, visit www.youronlinechoices.com. To disable analytical cookies and to prevent Google Analytics from collecting your browsing data, you can download the browser add-on for disabling Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.